Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Hummus
Chef Ann Stenfors recipe courtesy of Clandestine Kitchen (inspired by Aurora Natural Red Lentils.)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, small dice
- 2 each garlic cloves minced
- 1 each medium sweet potato peeled, small dice
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3½ cups water
- 1½ cups organic red lentils rinsed
- ¼ cup white miso
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and minced garlic, stirring occasionally. Sweat until translucent.
- Add diced sweet potato, Spanish paprika, cumin. Let the spices bloom and then add water and lentils.
- Cover sauce pan and turn the heat to medium-low and simmer until lentils and sweet potatoes are soft. Let mixture cool.
- When cool, add mixture to a food processor and add white miso, tahini, and lemon juice. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. If needed, add additional extra virgin olive oil.