This can be put together in the couple minutes it takes to boil fresh ravioli.
- 1 box Nella Pasta Ravioli
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch arugula or spinach, cut crosswise in 2-inch lengths if mature
- freshly grated Parmigiano, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Toss in the ravioli, and stir gently to separate.
Warm the oil over medium heat in a skillet large enough to hold the finished pasta. Add the garlic and sizzle just a moment until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
When the ravioli are tender, drop the greens into the pot with them and instantly drain it all in a colander. Add to the warm garlic/oil in the skillet and toss to coat, grating on Parmigiano and grinding on pepper to taste.
Julia Powers is a farmers’ market regular. But, to help get her through the winter or for weeks when she can’t get to the market, she is thrilled that area grocery stores are expanding their offerings of locally-grown and -sourced food.