By Cheryl Farhat, Mix It Up Kitchen, Duxbury, MA.
Get the kids involved in making this recipe, they can crack the eggs and prepare the veggies. Use local eggs and fresh produce.
Think about raising your own chickens for the freshest eggs possible.
Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Choice of ﬁllings (see examples below)
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a 10″ oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add ½ cup diced onions. Cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk 8 large eggs in a large bowl with ½ cup of milk, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture and any additions into your skillet and cook just until edges start to pull away from the pan (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until set, 16to 18 minutes. (Be careful when taking the skillet out of the oven.)
Use your own creativity for filling add-ins and enjoy!
- Mushroom, asparagus, and feta: Sauté mushrooms and asparagus with onion. Add additions to egg mixture in skillet and sprinkle with 3 ounces of feta cheese.
- Roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, and chopped basil: Roast grape tomatoes ahead of time. Drizzle with a little olive oil and roast whole grape tomatoes at 400°F for 20minutes or until the skins begin to burst. Add tomatoes, shredded mozzarella, and feta to egg mixture in skillet. (see video)