Instant Pot Indian Pudding
- ½ cup 2 ounces flint cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 cups whole milk
- ½ cup molasses (“old-fashioned,” not blackstrap)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whisk together the cornmeal, sugar, ginger, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in the pot of the Instant Pot. Whisk in the milk gradually. Add the molasses and drop in the lump of butter.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow natural release pressure for 15 minutes, and then quick pressure release.
- Remove lid and serve hot with cream or vanilla ice cream.