Shaved Melon Salad
Chef Stephen Coe makes the best of luscious summer produce in this sumptuous salad.
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1½ cups fresh shelled peas or halved snap peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounces arugula stems removed
- ½ cup fresh pea shoots
- 1 radish thinly sliced
- 3 ounces burrata
- 4 ounces honeydew melon thinly shaved
- 4 ounces cantaloupe thinly shaved
- 1 ounce vincotto or aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake prosciutto on a parchment-lined sheet for about ten minutes, or until sizzling and crisped. Set aside to cool.
- Boil a saucepanful of water, drop in peas and boil ten seconds. Drain, drop in a bowl of ice water, and drain again. Shake as dry as possible.
- Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon a puddle of dressing on each plate, followed by a bed of arugula, pea shoots, and radish slices. Top that with the melon, prosciutto, peas, and burrata. Finish salads by sprinkling with salt, pepper, vincotto or balsamic vinegar, and a touch more olive oil.
Read more about Chef Coe here.