Next Saturday, November 12 from 4pm – 8pm, Sullivan Drive in Downtown Fall River will be the site of the Thanksmas Holiday Market and Celebration. This festive outdoor event is hosted by Viva Fall River, The City of Fall River, The Fall River Farmers & Artisans Market, and Craftyish Shop, and includes:
- Holiday Artisan Market on Old Second Street, the picturesque cobblestoned pedestrian walkway located across from the Government Center, will be transformed into a cozy, festive atmosphere, with fire pits and lights, and will feature an artisans’ market with 70 South Coast vendors selling a variety of goods, including holiday décor. It’s the perfect place to get a jump start on holiday shopping while supporting local businesses and makers.
- Food, Fun, and Family Activities: Jeremiah Sullivan Dr. will be closed to traffic from S Main St to Third St. to create a fun, safe perimeter for family activities and holiday merrymaking:
- Music and Dancing with DJ Juice
- Meet & Greet with The Grinch from 5:00 – 7:00pm
- Free Craft Activity from the Greater Fall River Art Association
- Free Children’s Activities from the Children’s Museum of Greater Fall River and The Trustees of Reservations
- Free Face Painting with artist Helio Pacheco
- Food Trucks: Cluck Truck, Donnell’s Bakery, Friskie Fries, Green Jar Cocina, JQ Cheesesteaks, Mario’s Lebanese Bakery, Pop’s Brick Oven Pizza, Red’s Kitchen, Tiki Turbo, and What’s Up Cupcake
- United Way Winter Clothing Drive – A collection bin will be placed on site and visitors are encouraged to bring donations of warm winter items that will be distributed to families in need by the United Way of Greater Fall River. Items requested: Men’s and Women’s Winter Coats, Men’s and Women’s Fleece Coats & Vests, Baby, Toddler, and Children’s Coats & Snow Suits, Hats, Scarves, Gloves & Mittens (all sizes), Socks (new only, all ages and sizes).
To better serve event attendees, free parking will be offered at the following locations:
- Third St. Open Lot across from the Public Garage
- Lower Lot at One South Coast Chamber building at 200 Pocasset St. – PARKING SHUTTLE STOP
- Open lot to the left of the Pearl St. Parking Garage – PARKING SHUTTLE STOP
A free parking shuttle will pick-up and drop-off throughout the event to the Pocasset and Pearl St. parking areas.
A full list of vendors and food trucks can be found on the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/760269835277794.