American Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose ﬂour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg
- 1½ (3/4 cup) sticks unsalted butter, (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of roasted/baked pumpkin, puréed.
- Chopped pecans and golden raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and set an oven rack in the middle position. Prepare two 8” x 4” loaf pans with butter and dust with ﬂour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar by hand or mixer until just blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and ﬂuﬀy, a few minutes. Beat in the pumpkin.
- Add the ﬂour mixture and mix on low speed until combined, one cup at a time.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly, and bake for 65 to 75 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pan, cool on a wire rack.
- If not serving immediately, wrap in foil and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.