Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta & Pomegranate
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed
- salt to taste
- 8 ounces pancetta diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Bring a good-sized pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Add the sprouts and cook until crisp-tender (5-7 minutes). Drain the sprouts in a colander, then drop them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain again, shaking out as much water as possible, then halve the sprouts. (You can do this prep up to 3 days ahead. chilling the sprouts until needed.)
- In a large skillet, render the pancetta until crispy over medium heat. Remove the meat to a paper towel.
- Tum up the heat to high and add the sprouts. Cook, tossing, for 5-8 minutes, or until cooked to your taste. Add the vinegar, tossing the sprouts about while it reduces to a sauce-like consistency. Add the butter and pancetta and tum to coat.