Basic Oil & Vinegar Vinaigrette
Finally, don’t forget that oil and vinegar can be mixed into easy homemade salad dressings. A basic vinaigrette only takes a few minutes to prepare with a minimum number of ingredients. A traditional vinaigrette calls for 3 tablespoons of oil to 1 tablespoon of vinegar. I like to add a bit more oil and vinegar to my dressing, as noted below. But don’t be afraid to mix it up and add other ingredients.
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar of choice balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- ¼ teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning® substitute salt and pepper or other seasoning you like
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, syrup or honey, shallot, and seasonings in small bowl until well combined. While whisking, drizzle in oil until fully incorporated (emulsified). Transfer to a sealed jar and store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. (You may notice that it solidifies a bit in the refrigerator. Let it rest at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving and stir or shake to recombine.).