Peaches and Cream Dessert Pizza
Dessert pizza! The cream cheese base works under any seasonal soft fruit or berry; in this case tender slices of grilled summer peaches.
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 to 2 tbsp honey
- pinch cinnamon
- zest and juice of an orange, as needed
- 1 peach or nectarine
- 2 pizza shells
- mint leaves for garnish
- Mash the cream cheese with a fork and work it until smooth with the honey and cinnamon.
- Add the orange zest, and then enough juice to thin it to a very easily spreadable consistency.
- Halve the peach without peeling. Remove the pit.
- When grill is hot for pizzas, grill peach halves on both sides, then slice, stirring with an additional drizzle of honey if tart.
- Grill pizza shells on both sides.
- Place on serving board. Slather with cream cheese mixture, top with fruit, scatter with mint, slice and serve. No need to return to grill.
Complete How-To for Summer Flatbread Pizza
- Making the dough
- Grilling over natural charcoal or hardwood embers
- Grilling over a propane grill
- Garden Green Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- Peaches & Cream Flatbread Pizza