Quick Blueberry Jam
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup sugar or to taste (see cook’s note)
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan, add blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest and juice. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until some liquid releases. Reduce heat to low and add chia seeds, vanilla, and salt and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened and reduced slightly (as you stir, smash blueberries against side of saucepan with back of a spatula as they cook to help beak them down). Taste and adjust as desired. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, either transfer mixture to a food processor and pulse until smooth or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.