Novara Tomato Marmalata
Day Tripping SpreadsFlavor up any sandwich or charcuterie board with these delicious spreads from Novara Restaurant in Milton.
- 1 pounds Roma tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- ½ cup caramelized onions
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoon each chopped parsley basil, oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- ¼ cup balsamic glaze
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Toss tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast at 350 degrees until tender.
- Add all ingredients except parmesan to a deep skillet and cook on medium for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use a potato masher to crush to desired consistency.
- Let cool slightly, and fold in parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste.