Stumped by pernicious weed?
Funky fern fungus?
Check in with the employees at Morrison’s Home and Garden whose agricultural knowledge is unparalleled. There’s 139+ years of experience within their doors!
- Ross – (store manager), 25 years in the trade. Agriculture graduate of The Meeting School, New Hampshire. UMass Green School. Ross is a specialist in farming practices, both vegetable and animal husbandry. 20-year employee.
- Kim – (father was Plimoth Plantation farm manager), has had farm animals all her life. Graduate of UMass Green School, specialist in animal husbandry. 21-year employee.
- Margie – Graduate of UMass Green School, passions include horticulture and bonsai. 21-year employee.
- Jeff – graduate of Thompson School at UNH and UMass Green School, most knowledgeable in landscaping methods. 20-year employee.
- Heather – 18 years in industry. Former manager of SBS The Grain Store on Martha’s Vineyard, graduate of UMass Green School. 2-year employee.
- Shanielle – Graduate of UMass Green School, she has a passion for all plants. 15-year employee.
- Mirinda – 22 years in industry and former manager of Southridge Farm & Nursery, specialist in landscaping methods and plants. 1-year employee.
- Scottie – 12 years in livestock production. Has flock of sheep and schooled in animal nutrition. 4-year employee.
- Morry – (owner), Graduate of Stockbridge School of Agriculture and UMass Amherst in agricultural economics. Started with the Sandwich Agway store in 1972 and bought Agway in Plymouth in 1984. Passion: farming and horticulture. 35-year owner.
Morrison’s Home and Garden
90 Long Pond Road
Plymouth, MA 02360
Get to know a few of our ad partners!
…that a sucessful garden shop can be closed in summer?
Williams’ Trading Post opens in the spring, closes in the summer, and reopens in the fall. For 70 years this unusual schedule has worked…and beautifully so. Every April, Martha Dupuis, her husband, and their team create a stunning oasis of blooming spring flowers and striking perennial plants.
Searching for that little something extra to complete your garden decor? Then Williams’ Trading Post is a must-stop destination. For further interest and intrigue, antiques were added to the mix a few years ago. Save time to browse both the plants and the store.
Directly on busy Route 28, be sure to stop at this genuine roadside attraction.
Williams’ Trading Post
556 Wareham Street, Route 28
Middleboro, MA 02346
…there’s such a great gift shop among the trees!
At The Gardeners’ Choice in Pembroke, a paradise really, with customers uttering words like “charming,” “wonderful variety,” and “great quality” while wandering through five acres of large trees, shrubs, annuals, and perennials. Multiple greenhouses offer their own inspiration of flower, herb, and vegetable seedlings.
And inside, it is THE place for one-of-a-kind gifts for the gardener in your life…or for yourself! They carry an extensive selection of garden-related giftware and furniture for garden, home, and office. As you enter be sure to ogle the tower of birdhouses created by featured local artisans: Old Standish Woods of Pembroke, and Wooden Expression of North Attleboro.
Say “hey” to Bob and Rocco if you see them wandering around. Be sure to bring along your best jokes—these guys love a good laugh!
The Gardeners’ Choice
408 Washington Street, Route 53
Pembroke, MA 02359